Now that it’s sunny and we’re itching to get outside, make sure you’re wearing a daily sunblock of SPF 30+, such as SkinMedica’s Environmental Defense 30; a physical grade sunscreen and antioxidant. Correct underlying sun damage and give your skin a healthy glow with a topical Vitamin C like SkinMedica’s Vitamin C+E Complex or TNS Essential Serum. What are your skin’s needs now that the weather is warmer? It may be time to transition to a lighter moisturizer. SkinMedica’s Ultra Sheer Moisturizer is a great option. Ready to let those legs out from hiding? Get flawless sun-kissed legs to go with your favorite wedges, such as our easy-to-use tan towels.
- Chemical Peels: Spring is a great time to shed the dead and reveal fresh looking skin. Just remember to avoid a lot of sun exposure for the next week, and follow your post care instructions, including a daily sunscreen.
- Exciting new research shows a decrease in burning and pigment formulation after sun exposure while using TNS Essential Serum and Redness Relief Calmplex.
- Been thinking about laser hair removal? Now is the time to get ready for bikini season, as laser hair removal takes multiple treatments for maximum efficacy.
Take our word for it; sun damage isn’t pretty. Practice smart sun sense; don’t be out in the sun for long periods of time in the middle of the day, wear a hat, and as always, sunscreen. Apply your daily moisturizer/sunblock in the morning, or at least 30 minutes before you’re out in the sun. No excuses, we have the perfect sunscreen to suit your needs. Besides, sun bathing is so old school.
- If you use a nightly Retinol, you may experience some sun sensitivity. You may try to cut back to every other or every third night if you’re frequently out in the sun.
- Get serious about your skin care! Everything you put on your skin matters. We offer an amazing makeup for daily wear. glo minerals Mineral Makeup has gorgeous coverage and zinc to provide a SPF 18. You can choose between a pressed base, liquid foundation, or even a sheer tint.
- Fall is a perfect time to transition your skin care regimen.
- Transition from 30 to 15. During summer months, Dr. Foad recommends a sunscreen with a SPF of 30 or higher. When the suns UVB rays become shorter a SPF of 15 is adequate.
- A CDC favorite is Skin Medica’s Ultimate Daily Moisturizer SPF20. This all-in-one time saver combines antioxidants, growth factors and peptides for amazing skin protection and wrinkle reduction. For ultimate benefit and a full regimen, add TNS Essential Serum and a Retinol.
- Turn back the effects of Summer Sun. A series of Chemical Peels can definitely turn back the effects of a bit too much summer fun and neglect. Bring back your skins glow, smooth texture and fade brown spots with gentle exfoliation.
- Autumn is also the perfect time to rescue pigment issues. Epiquin Micro is a nighttime cream that helps to fade brown spots.
- Restart your Retinol Regimen. Some patients discontinue their Retinols during the summer months because of sun sensitivity, so now is the time to implement this form of topical Vitamin A. A Retinol will stimulate collagen, micro exfoliate, and help decrease pigment.
- Summer just ended, but if you’re interested in laser hair removal, now is the time to get started since it takes multiple treatments for maximum efficacy.
For your face, you may need a heavier moisturizer than you use in the summer. The sun still shines in winter. It’s especially harsh in snow, which reflects as much as 80% of harmful rays. La Roche Posay’s Lipikar Syndet Soap-Free Cleansing Gel and Lipkar Body Milk is a great system to relieve dry skin. Restore moisture balance at night with a heavier moisturizer, such as SkinMedica’s Dermal Repair. The combination of antioxidants and moisturizers make Dermal Repair a daily multivitamin for the skin. This is a great option to provide intense hydration without causing breakouts.
- Fraxel Dual and FX Lasers are excellent options to treat fine lines, deep wrinkles and brown spots. These procedures are performed effectively when the skin has no tan and compliance of sun avoidance is easier.
- It’s cold and you may be far from thinking about your bikini, but laser hair removal takes multiple treatments and you don’t want it done when you’ll be out in the sun, so get started now.